Hank Hadeed is an AmSAT-Certified Alexander Technique teacher, offering lessons in Portland, Oregon.
What is the Alexander Technique?
- The Alexander Technique, when applied conscientiously and with the guidance of a qualified teacher’s hands, will introduce you to an effective means of successfully responding to life's daily challenges.
- Lessons in the Alexander Technique will help to eliminate undesirable habits through reconditioning the way we use ourselves in daily activities.
- As our use improves, so will our general functioning and our capacity to direct our manner of reaction in all situations; in F.M. Alexander’s words, we develop the ability to “meet a stimulus that always puts [us] wrong and to learn to deal with it.”
- After lessons, pupils typically report an increase in poise, alertness, and confidence, a decrease in anxiety, tension, and muscular-skeletal discomfort, and an improved capacity to more fully engage in and derive fulfillment from careers, hobbies, family and social life.
Who studies the Alexander Technique?
- People from all walks of life have benefited from Alexander Technique lessons: athletes, computer users, teachers, public speakers.
- The Alexander Technique has been particularly embraced by musicians, dancers, actors, and other performing artists, as well as those who experience chronic lower back or other muscular-skeletal pain.
To inquire about lessons:
For further detailed information, visit:
The American Society for the Alexander Technique: http://www.amsatonline.org
The Complete Guide to the Alexander Technique: http://www.alexandertechnique.com